⏳ The TL;DR.
- Guardian Life, Freedom Financial Network, Ceridian, Sartorial Group, Informatica, Honda, Reverb, Porsche, and more companies hired on Braintrust!
- The results of the BTRST sale on CoinList are in and Braintrust is spreading economic opportunity more broadly across the world (122 countries and counting!)
- User-ownership gets REAL when the first Governance proposal goes to vote in the Braintrust Community!
- From bikes to barback to Braintrust Talent, Zoe Rem hasn’t had a traditional path to UX Design. But with Braintrust, she’s got the opportunities and securities she wants.
- Connect, learn ways to earn BTRST, and stay up to date with all things Braintrust by joining the conversations on Discord and Telegram.
- Want to be a part of this movement… full time? Braintrust is hiring for a Social Media Manager, Senior Product Manager, Talent Operations & Matching, Senior Product Manager, Talent Experience, and a Crypto Community Lead!
📸 Growth Snapshot.
The teams building Braintrust share their progress and plans for the week in this Growth Snapshot:
💸 Client Updates.
Total jobs on Braintrust over time.
Every company is hiring for tech talent. That’s evident by the influx of jobs on the platform, and how many incredible companies - from all different industries - are hiring on Braintrust:
- Explore open roles for Designers 🎨
- Explore open roles for DevOps/Admin ♾
- Explore open roles for Engineers ⌨️
- Explore open roles for Product and Project Managers 🗃
- Explore open roles for Marketing and Writer/Content Creators 📝
🦄 Network Growth.
Now how about a few success stories?
Let’s take a moment to recognize some amazing talent on the network who have recently landed jobs with more great brands:
📝 Hot Off the Presses.
Talent is everywhere around the world. Opportunity, unfortunately, is not. That’s a big problem Braintrust aims to solve. And thanks to a major milestone from this week, Braintrust is a big step closer.
Announcing the results of the BTRST token sale on CoinList! And yes, they’re incredible:
Thanks to this special event, the Braintrust community is now even more broad and far-reaching than before. With 22,500 new token holders from 122 countries, we’re expanding the number of people who can participate in and help this network grow.
If you’re reading this, you’re part of a worldwide movement to spread economic opportunity by building a fairer system of work. Learn more about how the CoinList sale was structured and the incredible impact this has made.
Some more food for thought:
- Location, location, location doesn’t matter anymore according to Co-Founder Gabe Luna-Ostaseski. He shares his insights into how businesses are paying top dollar for remote talent - regardless of where they’re located - in this Recode article.
- It’s a tight talent market, but that just means more opportunity for skilled freelancers. Braintrust Talent Zoe Rem and Lorenzo Parks share their thoughts in this Los Angeles Times article.
- Fees matter. A lot. And they don’t just suck for the end user, but they actually inhibit growth. SKALE CEO & Co-Founder Jack O’Holleran shares his take on the matter in an AMA with Braintrust.
- How much money can you lose to fees on Web 2.0 networks? $700k? $1M? $1.5M? The truth is scarier than you think.
👪 Community Spotlight.
Everyone has a different journey that leads them to Braintrust. But not everyone travels theirs on a motorcycle.
Meet Zoe Rem, a UX Designer on Braintrust whose path to Braintrust has several twists, turns, and leaps of faith. She started off moving out west to race motorcycles, got a bartending gig in San Francisco, and made a surprise discovery and entry into the world of UX Design when she discovered how awful the restaurant’s Point of Sale systems were.
Fast forward to today when she works full-time as a freelancer serving up spectacular UX Designs for her clients. And thanks to Braintrust, she has the confidence to security to do it risk-free.
Interested in getting the most out of your Braintrust experience like Zoe does? Check out some upcoming events for Braintrust Talent, designed to help you get hired:
- Talent Profile Reviews every Wednesday
- Interview Training on October 22
- Braintrust Live: A Forum for the Community on October 27
🏛️ Network Infrastructure.
Sensational. Revolutionary. Groundbreaking.
^ Just a few words that will undoubtedly be used to describe the history-making events of this week.
Wednesday, October 06 2021 marked the very first Braintrust Governance Proposal and community vote! This makes user-ownership and user-governance on Braintrust a reality, and is the first time the whole Braintrust community has the opportunity to have their voices heard when it comes to network matters. The vote occurring is whether to elect a community member, Braintrust Talent Calvin Blachard, as a Dispute Resolution Jury Arbitrator.
Let’s all have a moment of awestruck silence to commemorate blockchain-powered democracy in action:
Aside from changing the way the world works, there are other notable infrastructure projects in the works:
- Scoping out token staking
- Building search functionality for the Help Center
💻 Product Improvements.
Never get FOMO again.
Events for Braintrust Talent are awesome. From getting individualized help to improve your profiles and job proposals to tips for interviewing to all the latest updates about how the network is growing, events are a valuable element of the Braintrust experience. And with the new Talent Home rollout happening this week, you’ll never miss out on the events you care about!
Easily see the upcoming events schedule - and RSVP + add them to your calendar - right from the Homepage of your Talent dashboard. So convenient, you’ll never have to miss out.
👤 Living Braintrust’s Values.
With the exponential community growth last month, we'd like to shout out all the incredible community leaders for being incredible champions of this network - answering questions, offering insights, and overall engaging with all the new members during this exciting time.
So if you see a friendly face on Discord… give them a note of thanks!
🚩 Weekly challenges and red flags.
- If decentralization was easy, everyone would do it (....right?). But it requires a lot of clear communication. So Braintrust is hard at work making sure that everyone who is interested in participating in this network has the tools, resources, and FAQ to know what to do. That’s why a big focus the past few weeks as the community has grown in size exponentially is to make sure clear documentation exists and is easily accessible to everyone.