You’re here for React JS Developers.
We’re here to help you find top talent, fast.
Get matched to 3 highly-qualified React JS Developers in 48 hours.Hire Top React JS Developers
How you hire Top React JS Developers at Braintrust
Post a job
Create an account and publish your job posting free of charge.
Manage and hire Top talent in 48 hours or less.
Get to work
We simplify onboarding, invoicing, compliance, and more.
Meet our React JS Developer community
Braintrust is a user-owned talent platform created by and for the world’s top talent. This includes a talented network of experienced React JS Developers available for hire.
Looking for Work
Looking for Work
Looking for Work
Proudly trusted by
Our talent is unmatched.
We only accept top tier talent, so you know you’re hiring the best.
We give you a quality guarantee.
Each hire comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee for 30 days.
We eliminate high markups.
While others mark up talent by up to 70%, we charge a flat-rate of 15%.
We help you hire fast.
We’ll match you with highly qualified talent in 48 hours or less.
We’re cost effective.
Without high-markups, you can make your budget go 3-4x further.
Our platform is user-owned.
Our talent own the network and get to keep 100% of what they earn.
How to hire Top React JS Developers
When hiring a React JS developer, it's essential to consider the size and structure of your organization, as well as the nature of the project. Startups and large companies have different needs and expectations for developers, and the choice between hiring full-time or hourly developers can significantly impact the project's success.
Working at a Startup vs. a Larger Company
Startups typically require developers to be more versatile and adaptable, as they often have smaller teams and limited resources. React JS developers working in a startup environment may need to assume multiple roles, such as handling both front-end and back-end development, and be comfortable working with a higher degree of uncertainty. They may also need to learn new technologies and tools quickly to stay agile and competitive. The fast-paced, dynamic nature of startups can provide developers with exciting challenges and opportunities for rapid personal and professional growth.
Larger companies, on the other hand, often have more established processes and structures in place. React JS developers working in such organizations may have more narrowly defined roles and responsibilities, with a stronger focus on specific aspects of the development process. They may also have access to more extensive resources and support networks, such as dedicated teams for quality assurance, project management, and design. However, the development process in larger companies can be slower, with more bureaucracy and less flexibility compared to startups.
Full-time vs. Hourly
When hiring a React JS developer, another key consideration is whether to bring them on as a full-time employee or hire them on an hourly basis. Full-time employees generally have more consistent hours and are committed to the company and its long-term goals. They typically receive a range of benefits, such as health insurance and paid time off, which can contribute to increased job satisfaction and loyalty. Full-time developers can provide continuity and stability to the development process and may be better suited for long-term projects or organizations with ongoing development needs.
On the other hand, hiring hourly developers can offer more flexibility, as they can be brought on for specific tasks or projects as needed. Hourly developers can be a cost-effective solution for organizations with limited budgets or fluctuating development needs. However, managing hourly developers may require more oversight and coordination, as they may not be as familiar with the organization's processes and culture as full-time employees. Additionally, hourly developers may be less invested in the long-term success of the company or project, focusing primarily on completing their assigned tasks.
Hiring a React JS developer involves considering various factors, such as the organization's size, project requirements, and whether to hire a full-time or hourly employee. Understanding these factors will help you make informed decisions that contribute to the success of your project and overall development goals.
- Core language features: Variables, data types, loops, conditionals, functions, and objects.
- Understanding of functional programming concepts: Higher-order functions, immutability, and pure functions, which are essential for writing clean, maintainable React code.
- Familiarity with the DOM and its manipulation: Although React abstracts most of the direct DOM manipulation, understanding the DOM is essential for developing efficient applications.
Proficiency in React for Front-End Development and Web Development
A skilled React JS developer should be well-versed in front-end development, focusing on building performant, maintainable applications using React's core concepts. Key React knowledge includes:
- Components: Understanding the difference between class components and functional components and when to use each.
- State management: Working with local state, using hooks (useState, useEffect, and custom hooks), and handling complex state management scenarios.
- Lifecycle methods: Knowing when and how to use component lifecycle methods, such as componentDidMount, componentDidUpdate, and componentWillUnmount, or their equivalent hooks like useEffect.
- Performance optimization techniques: Using React's performance tools, like PureComponent, React.memo, and useMemo, to optimize rendering and improve application performance.
Familiarity with Redux or other state management libraries
React JS developers should have experience with state management libraries to manage complex application state efficiently. Key state management skills include:
- Redux: Understanding its core concepts (actions, reducers, and store), and how to use middleware, such as Redux Thunk or Redux Saga, for handling asynchronous actions.
- MobX: Grasping its core principles, like observables, actions, and reactions, and knowing how to apply them in a React application.
- Context API: Understanding how to use React's built-in context API for managing state and sharing data across components.
- Integration with React: Demonstrating the ability to integrate state management libraries effectively within a React application and leveraging their features to simplify state management.
Understanding of CSS and styling
React JS developers should have strong CSS skills to create visually appealing, responsive, and accessible applications. Key CSS skills include:
- Core CSS concepts: Selectors, inheritance, specificity, and the box model.
- CSS layout techniques: Flexbox, CSS Grid, and positioning for creating responsive layouts.
- Media queries: Writing media queries for handling different screen sizes and devices.
- CSS pre-processors: Using tools like Sass or Less to streamline CSS development and improve maintainability.
- CSS-in-JS libraries: Familiarity with libraries like styled-components or emotion for writing modular and maintainable CSS within React components.
- Responsive design: Creating applications that look and perform well on various devices and screen sizes.
- Accessibility: Ensuring that applications are accessible to users with disabilities by following Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
Experience with modern front-end build tools
React JS developers should be familiar with various build tools and bundlers to streamline the development process, improve performance, and maintain code quality. Key skills and tools include:
- Package managers: Proficiency with package managers like npm or yarn for installing, updating, and managing project dependencies.
- Task runners: Experience with tools like Gulp or Grunt for automating repetitive tasks, such as minification, linting, and compilation.
- Code quality tools: Familiarity with tools like ESLint and Prettier for enforcing coding standards, detecting errors, and formatting code consistently across a project.
Knowledge of testing and debugging
React JS developers should have experience writing tests and debugging applications to ensure their reliability and maintainability. Key testing and debugging skills include:
- Testing frameworks: Proficiency in writing unit tests using frameworks like Jest or Mocha and using assertion libraries like Chai or Enzyme.
- Testing methodologies: Understanding various testing methodologies, such as unit testing, integration testing, and end-to-end testing.
- Test-driven development (TDD): Familiarity with the TDD process and its benefits, such as improved code quality and reduced likelihood of bugs.
- Debugging: Using browser developer tools (e.g., Chrome DevTools or Firefox Developer Tools) to identify and fix issues in the application.
- Performance profiling: Analyzing application performance and identifying bottlenecks using browser developer tools and React-specific profiling tools.
Familiarity with React ecosystem and related libraries
A strong React JS developer should be familiar with popular libraries within the React ecosystem to integrate them effectively into a project. Key libraries and skills include:
- React Router: Understanding how to use React Router for handling client-side navigation and managing application routes.
- Axios or Fetch API: Experience with making HTTP requests and handling API calls using libraries like Axios or the built-in Fetch API.
- Form handling libraries: Familiarity with form handling libraries like Formik or React Hook Form for managing form state, validation, and submission.
- UI libraries: Proficiency with UI libraries like Material-UI, Ant Design, or React-Bootstrap for quickly building consistent, responsive user interfaces.
- Server-side rendering (SSR): Understanding the principles of SSR and its benefits, such as improved SEO and performance, and knowing how to implement SSR using frameworks like Next.js or Gatsby.
Good communication and collaboration skills
Effective communication and collaboration are essential for a React JS developer to work well within a team and contribute to the success of a project. Key soft skills include:
- Communication: Clearly articulating ideas, discussing problems, and providing feedback, both in writing and verbally.
- Collaboration: Working effectively within a team, sharing knowledge, and assisting teammates in achieving project goals.
- Adaptability: Being open to learning new technologies, tools, and approaches to stay current with industry trends and best practices.
- Problem-solving: Identifying and addressing issues proactively, proposing solutions, and seeking input from others when needed.
- Time management: Effectively managing time and priorities to meet deadlines and deliver high-quality work.
- Empathy: Understanding the needs and perspectives of teammates, clients, and end-users to build applications that meet their expectations and provide a positive user experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to hire a dedicated ReactJS Developer?
The cost of hiring a dedicated ReactJS developer varies based on factors such as location, experience, and the nature of the project. In the United States, the average salary for a ReactJS developer ranges from $80,000 to $120,000 per year, depending on the level of experience and the region. However, for hourly developers, rates can range from $30 to $150 per hour, with more experienced developers commanding higher rates.
When hiring developers from other countries or outsourcing to remote teams, costs can be significantly lower. For example, developers in Eastern Europe or Asia may charge between $20 to $60 per hour, depending on their experience and skills. It's essential to consider the trade-offs in terms of cost, communication, and time zone differences when hiring developers from different regions.
How do I hire a ReactJS Developer?
To hire a ReactJS developer, follow these steps:
- Define your project requirements: Clearly outline the project scope, objectives, and desired skillset to ensure you find the right candidate.
- Advertise the position: Post job listings on relevant job boards such as Braintrust (it’s free), social media platforms, and industry-specific sites like Stack Overflow or GitHub.
- Screen candidates: Review resumes, portfolios, and code samples to assess candidates' technical skills and experience.
- Conduct interviews: Interview shortlisted candidates to gauge their communication skills, cultural fit, and problem-solving abilities.
- Perform technical tests: Use coding tests or practical assignments to evaluate candidates' ReactJS proficiency and development approach.
- Check references: Speak with previous employers or colleagues to verify candidates' work history and performance.
- Make an offer: Present a competitive compensation package based on the candidate's experience and the market rates for ReactJS developers.
What is the easiest way to hire a React Developer?
One of the easiest ways to hire a React developer is to leverage online platforms or services that specialize in connecting businesses with skilled developers. For example, Braintrust allows you to post a job for free and receive vetted candidates in 48 hours. Services like Braintrust will often pre-screen candidates, ensuring that only qualified developers are matched with your project requirements. Additionally, they facilitate communication, project management, and payment processes, making the hiring process more straightforward and efficient.
When hiring a React JS developer, it's essential to have a thorough vetting process to assess relevant skills, years of experience, and expertise in application development. A clear job description outlining your project requirements and expectations will help you attract the best candidates.
Offer a risk-free trial period for new hires to ensure they are the right fit for your development project. Once the right candidate is selected, implement an efficient onboarding process to ensure a smooth transition onto your team.
Another option is to work with a software development agency or consultancy that specializes in React development. These agencies can provide developers on a contract or project basis, handle the hiring process, and manage the developers throughout the project, simplifying the overall hiring process.
How do I find React developers?
To find React developers, consider the following approaches:
- Online platforms: Utilize freelancer or developer-specific platforms like Braintrust to find pre-screened candidates with relevant skills.
- Networking: Attend industry events, conferences, and meetups to network with React developers and build connections within the community.
- Social media: Use social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn to share job listings, connect with potential candidates, and engage with the React developer community.
- Referrals: Encourage your network, employees, or colleagues to refer qualified React developers they know or have worked with in the past.
- Recruitment agencies: Partner with recruitment agencies specializing in technology roles to source and screen React developers on your behalf.
Is ReactJS still in demand?
Yes, ReactJS continues to be in high demand due to its popularity, flexibility, and growing need for interactive and responsive web applications. Developed and maintained by Facebook, React has established itself as a leading front-end library for building user interfaces. Its component-based architecture, efficient rendering, and extensive ecosystem make it an attractive choice for developers and businesses alike. As companies continue to invest in web technologies and prioritize user experience, the demand for skilled ReactJS developers is expected to remain strong.
How do reusable components benefit a React app?
Reusable components in React allow developers to create modular, maintainable code by encapsulating specific functionality within a single component. This reduces code duplication, speeds up development, and makes it easier to apply updates or changes throughout the application.
By considering the essential skills, experience, and knowledge outlined in this guide, you'll be well on your way to hiring the best React JS developers for your web and mobile app development projects.
What is the difference between React and React Native?
While both are open-source libraries created by Facebook, React is primarily used for web development, while React Native is used for developing cross-platform mobile applications for iOS and Android.
React JS developers should have experience building web apps and mobile applications using cross-platform technologies such as React Native for iOS and Android app development. They should also be familiar with related frameworks and libraries such as Angular, Vue, and Flux for creating dynamic and engaging applications.
What is the hourly rate of a React JS developer?
The hourly rate of a React JS developer can vary significantly based on factors such as location, experience level, and project complexity. In the United States, hourly rates can range from $30 to $150 per hour. More experienced developers or those with specialized skills tend to command higher rates. In other regions, such as Eastern Europe or Asia, hourly rates may range from $20 to $60 per hour. It's essential to balance cost considerations with the quality of work, communication, and overall project requirements when hiring developers.
Why hire ReactJS developers?
Hiring ReactJS developers offers several benefits for businesses and projects:
- Improved user experience: ReactJS allows developers to build fast, responsive, and interactive user interfaces, enhancing user satisfaction and engagement.
- Component-based architecture: React's modular approach promotes reusability, maintainability, and easier collaboration within development teams.
- Efficient rendering: React's virtual DOM ensures efficient updates and rendering, improving application performance.
- Ecosystem and community: React's extensive ecosystem and active community provide access to numerous libraries, tools, and resources, speeding up development and problem-solving.
- Scalability: ReactJS is suitable for both small and large applications, allowing developers to scale projects as needed.
What is the role of a full-stack developer in React JS development?
Yes, there is a high demand for React Native developers as more businesses seek to build cross-platform mobile applications with a single codebase for both iOS and Android platforms. React Native offers several advantages, including faster development cycles, lower development costs, and easier maintenance. As a result, many companies are actively seeking skilled React Native developers to build and maintain their mobile applications.
What is the salary for a ReactJS developer in the USA?
The salary for a ReactJS developer in the USA varies based on factors such as experience, location, and company size. On average, the annual salary for a ReactJS developer ranges from $80,000 to $120,000. Entry-level developers can expect to earn between $60,000 and $80,000, while more experienced developers or those in high-demand regions, such as San Francisco or New York, can command salaries upwards of $120,000. It's essential to consider market rates, the cost of living in the job location, and the specific skills required for the role when determining salary offers.
Get matched with Top React JS Developers in 48 hours 🥳Hire Top React JS Developers